Wednesday, June 8, 2016

When Does "Awesome" Happen?

Hi Gina,

Yesterday we had a large group from a local college over for a celebration along the river.  I watched as a young mom took her three-year-old daughter and older son to the water's edge.  The kids were awestruck.

The boy wanted to jump right in but Mom said "no, only your hand can get wet!"  As his sister watched he grabbed pebbles and skipped them across the Upper Hudson.  It reminded me of when I was a kid.
When does the view become awesome?
I dreamed of being able to climb the highest tree, so high that, as I told my dad, I could "see the weather."
The Blue Planet: looks great from up here!
From Space, the Earth is spectacular... certainly awesome.

The narrowest portion of the Hudson River...
...to the wideest: Awesome
The Hudson isn't "awesome-breathtaking" in Northumberland, but it is beautiful, capable of inspiring awe in kids anyway.
YES

NO
Let's do a better job of reducing the PCBs so parents don't have to warn their kids to stay away from the Hudson.

Thank you.